Québec Self-Employed Program
List of conditions to be honoured:
You must practise your profession or business activities in Québec, alone or with others, with or without paid help.
You must have a net worth of at least CDN$100,000. You can share this net worth with your spouse or common-law partner who is accompanying you to Québec. You must be able to demonstrate the legal origin and accumulation of your net worth.
You will need to make a start-up deposit with a financial institution located in the area where you plan to practise your trade or profession:
– Outside the Communauté métropolitaine de Montréal (CMM), the start-up deposit is CDN$25,000.
– On the territory of the CMM, the start-up deposit is CDN$50,000.
You will need to make the deposit after you receive the letter that confirms the opening of your file.
You are awarded points for each factor as education, age language .. and criterion on the grid. You must obtain 63 out of 107 points on the grid to meet the cut-off for factors and criteria that have an elimination threshold.
You must obtain your attestation within a maximum of 60 days after receiving this request
If you wish to practise a regulated profession or trade in Québec, you must obtain the legal right to practise, even if you have obtained a degree or license outside of Québec
1. Preparing and completing the required forms and documents
2. Paying your application review fee. The fees are adjusted on January 1 of each year.
- Principal applicant: $1,176
- Wife or husband, spouse or common-law partner: $186
- Each dependent child: $186
3. Send your complete application by mail, in one envelope
Direction du regroupement familial et de l’enregistrement Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Francisation et de l’Intégration
285, rue Notre-Dame Ouest, 4e étage Montréal (Québec)
H2Y 1T8 CANADA
What can we help you?
It’s important to choose a reputable and licensed immigration agent or consultant who is knowledgeable about the Québec immigration programs to ensure that applicants receive accurate and up-to-date information and guidance throughout the process.
GTR Worldwide can assist with Québec immigration by providing a range of valuable services to applicants looking to immigrate to Québec as self-employee workers in the fields of culture, arts, and athletics